Bribie & Scarborough 06/08/11

Jororo

A mate and I woke up early on Saturday morning and headed down to Bribie Island to a spot where we had not fished before. We arrived just before 6:00 as the sun was starting to show on the horizon. The weather was perfect clear sky's, not to cold and barely a breath of wind. We rigged our soft plastics and began casting out towards a nice drop off approximately 20m from the beach. Within about five casts I got my first hit but unfortunately missed the hook up. I cast out once again and bang, as soon as the plastic hit the water it got smashed. I pulled in a nice little tailor about 30cm which I released. Over the next three hours or so we continued to work the drop off and managed to land seven tailor ranging in size between 30 and 40cm, all were released.

We decided to drop into scarborough on our way home to see if we could hook into a couple of flathead. We worked the small area of beach for about half an hour without much success until we decided to switch the colours up a bit. After another couple of cast it yielded a good result with both my mate and I hooking up two nice lizards one 45cm and the other 51cm. We continued to fish for another hour and a half and it that time landed two more flathead each, all been in the 40-45cm size range, all fish were released.

Unfortunately because I had a big night on friday night I forgot both my camera and phone so there are no photographs.

A great days fishing all up and the weather was awesome.

Archived