2011 Winter Camp Wrap Up

AFO

I had Chris as my deckie and he was a bass and dam fishing virgin. Friday night he won a Sharpshooter rod, so I gave him a 2500 stradic for the weekend. Saturday morning we lured the water to a frenzy and managed two bumps for no hook up. After lunch Mick had some shrimp for us to use. We started getting onto a few after a couple of moves and the best was upto 36cm.

Chris hooked up to a bass just wide of the weedbed near the wall on his new favourite rod

post-1039-144598663435_thumb.jpg

Chris doing the represent for Obsession Fishing

post-1039-144598663441_thumb.jpg

I also got onto a few

post-1039-144598663446_thumb.jpg

That night was woodfired pizza and Manni served his up on the floor :lol:

The rest of the shenanigans will remain 'what happens on camp'

Next day we hit a few bass again and I end up on Fast Eddie with Eddie

post-1039-14459866345_thumb.jpg

Eddie learning the AFO way of posing with a fish

post-1039-144598663454_thumb.jpg

Chris got a nice tandanus that put up a good fight

post-1039-144598663459_thumb.jpg

We arrived at 4:30pm on the Friday, only to realise we'd forgotten our sleeping bags. After a quick trip back to Boonah we were sorted and ready for the evening's festivities.

We took our time getting on the water on Saturday and had no luck on lures all morning. After lunch our plan was to drop live shrimp beside the standing timber. We were moving from one tree to another, catching a few bass here and there but it wasn't what you'd call a hot bite. I'd already caught two fish before Kreel was on the board which is why he was so chuffed when he finally caught one – at a whopping 19cm!

When I missed a good bite I decided to stay on the same tree until I caught the pesky fish. I call this the Tugger Rock approach. Why move when you know there's good fish down there? It turned out to be a good plan because I ended up catching my first yella :)

Kreel is always reminding me about the one and only yella he caught land based at NPD 3 years ago so it was nice to finally catch one. Then 10 minutes later I caught a bigger one at 43cm! No one else caught any yellas on the day so I was the lucky winner of some Damiki lures and a Pontoon 21 cap courtesy of Searing Tackle. Thank you Rob!

It was an easy decision to go back to our lucky tree on the Sunday. Again the fishing was slow but I figured if I caught yellas there the day before then there might be more of them around. I was right! I caught two more yellas, but for some reason Kreel didn't want to take my photo holding the second one.

He got sick of me catching all the fish so he parked himself on top of my tree and eventually caught a 45cm yella. A competition winner if he'd caught it a day earlier. He says it's the story of his life.

the winning yella:

post-2560-144598664218_thumb.jpg

post-2560-144598664222_thumb.jpg

more pics in this thread:
/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/100-winter-camp/354842-some-photos-2011-winter-camp

Great photo's and reports guys!

My camp was awesome. This was mainly made so by the great turn out.

Persisted with lures right through to the morning of the first day with 0 result which was very dissapointing. However once we found a school the tally went from from 0 to 20+ very quickly (on shrimp though).

Enjoyed the company, scenery, weather, food, late night shinnangans!

Cannot wait for the next one.

Hoping to State Of Origin is as good! (Or better)!

Winners of the lucky door prizes on the first night.

post-63-144598664245_thumb.jpg

The average bass size for the weekend.

post-63-14459866425_thumb.jpg

Average weather :P

post-63-144598664254_thumb.jpg

Archived