Hitting the Brissy river mouth this Sat

Bagless

Hi There,

Going to finally try giving the mouth of the brissy river a go this Sat morn.

Hopefully I'll get to put all the tips I've learnt on this site into practise :) .

I'm going to be launching from the Boat Passage ramp and then try catching some livies. Does anyone know any good spots to cast net for bait around there? Also is there anywhere near by worth using small lures to catch pike? Once I have bait I'm thinking of hitting the oil pipe pylons or perhaps the poo tube.

Planning on a pretty leisurely exploratory session with low expectations :) , hoping to be on the water around 9am and back home around 2pm. Looks like I'll be fighting the incoming tide and some moderate to strong winds. Anyone think it's worth using a tail anchor? Also how busy can I expect it to be around the prime spots? And is there anything I should watch out for on the river (pitfalls for the uninitiated :) ).

Look forward to hearing your thoughts. Hopefully I'll have something worth reporting come Sat arvo :)

Cheers

hey mate, how big is your boat?? im heading out early saturday morning aswell, maybe 4 or 5am then going straight out to mud ( weather depending) and then head back to the mouth later, depending whats happening at mud..

I might see you there.. regarding bait, the poop shoot is the best spot personally.. if you get right up next to it, like where the big drain is and the water flows out, it normally produces the goods..

James

Hi James,

Boat's a 4.25 Stessco catcher, no way I'm going to be able to make an early start as I've got to wait for a mate to arrive around 8.

Given the forecast think I'll be giving mud a miss, but might see you around the river.

Thanks for the tips on where to catch bait, will be lots to learn over the coming months.

Cheers

Andy

Archived