Fishing the pine

Trippa

First time I have posted any thing on AFO not real flash with computers. Planning on putting the tinny in the pine on Sunday with wife and kids, just wondering what's biting throughout the river. Fished mouth 2 weeks ago for 34cm undersize squire 3 x 30cm whiting and 3 x bream. Ant current info would be appreciated.

Mate depends where you are dropping in... I don't fish the mouth often, rather I launch at Deep water Bend and head to the South Pine which is just west of the bridges.

Just recently we picked up a little jewie, lizards and tarpon. All caught on plastics.

A good day was had.

Freshy

i went for a run up the pine with the mrs & kids on sunday & didn't get anything except the sh*ts with the idiots up there, people going flat out past you within 5 or 6 meters from our boat when they could see we had two young kids with us, it's just bloody rude. what happened to slowing down when your near another boat that is fishing? or has plan bloody courtesy gone out the widow? :angry:

Thanks for the reply Freshy, usually I put in at bald hills and travel around, haven't had much luck in south pine lately, coming up to summer I try to avoid lower reaches of south pine due to skiers, trying to find new spots to fish , for a bit of a change and challenge.

Mate depends where you are dropping in... I don't fish the mouth often, rather I launch at Deep water Bend and head to the South Pine which is just west of the bridges.

Just recently we picked up a little jewie, lizards and tarpon. All caught on plastics.

A good day was had.

Freshy

It seems to be doing well in this area, I got two flatheads in a few minutes of each other last week.

i went for a run up the pine with the mrs & kids on sunday & didn't get anything except the sh*ts with the idiots up there, people going flat out past you within 5 or 6 meters from our boat when they could see we had two young kids with us, it's just bloody rude. what happened to slowing down when your near another boat that is fishing? or has plan bloody courtesy gone out the widow? :angry:

They definitely get rude up there... the first time I had the my wife and youngest at the time out in the boat we were up behind Westfield when I heard something that sounded like it shouldn't be there. Next thing this bloody big boat with a skier on the back flew past in the 6 knot zone. Of course they had to come back, this time with a bloke that couldn't ski, he nearly ended up in my boat. F@##ing idiots. To top it off it was low tide and anyone that knows the area will know the perils of screaming through there at that time!!!!!!

Freshy

Archived