Shimano Stradic Ci4 or Rarenium Ci4??

cy1301

what size? (guessing 2500?) i checked the rarenium when they came out and they are pretty light! i'd only use them in the smaller reels, certainly didn't feel solid enough for me in the 4000 size i was looking at. prefer daiwa to be honest. don't think you can go wrong with either...?

i'd go with the stradic on colour! :P

Hi Mate

The below link is to Shimano's website which lists both the Stradic & Rarenium specs.

/>http://fish.shimano.com.sg/publish/content/global_fish/en/sg/index/products/reels/spinning_reels/light_tackle_reel.html

I have a Stradic CI4 it's a great reel, definitely a good workhorse !!

Have a look at the specs which may help with your decision

• 4 weeks later...

I own a Stradic CI4 1000size. Sadly to say i am not so happy with it. Made in malaysia. It's light but it somehow doesnt feel solid and i am using super thin braid and it doesnt spool on properly... When i compare it to my daiwa Steez or Luvias... it just cant compare. and also i spoke to the guy at my local tackle shop and he told me a lot od people complained about the 2500size stradic CI4 or bigger being flimsy. I dont know about that, but if you like to stick to shimano, i'll go Rarenium;) I kinda want one. if you get one let me know how it goes yeah?

I'm not saying it's shimano is crap, just what i prefer. I own 7 shimano reels so... hahaha

Archived