Stradbroke 13/11/11

Clevo_31

Well decided that on my day off I would head over to some more productive fishing grounds at straddy, inspired greatly by Angus' fishing reports.

To cut the storey short, fished around the Dunwich foreshores looking for flathead for a while, and had one take but no hookup (two if you count a longtom). Did foul hook a 10cm moses perch, who thought he could take a lure his own size! This was done on a berkeley frenzy in gold on the pause. Will probably try this more next time for his daddy!

unsatisfied with the progress I bused it over to pt lookout and fished south gorge from the northern rocks. Saw plenty of what I thought were dart.. turned out to be whopping great butter bream! Did spot what I think were bream, ludrick and some kind of wrasse in there too. Water was beautiful, you could see straight to the bottom, and barely any swell. Did see at about 2pm 3 groups of bait moving about 500m off the coast, with dolphines having a go as well as the usual flock of gulls.

Came home with a ludrick, courtesy of two very kind spearfishos who gave me their first fish! Thanks fellas if your reading this!

All in all a beautiful day made up for the lack of fish. It seems all Im doing lately is providing a detailed list of where and when the fish are NOT biting haha.

Cheers,

Jordan

Archived