Raby Bay now

neal82

just going to head down to raby bay in about half an hour to aimlessly throw some HB's and placstics around the ormiston side rockwall for an hour or so in the hope that something is stupid, hungry or angry enough at my attempts to immitate a food source that it attacks my offerings. in all honesty, i'd be happy with a couple of bumps or follows on the HB's as i've never used them before!

feel free to stop by and have a laugh at my expense if you have the time

Neal

will do mate, thanks for the tips.

last time i was down there the mrs and i both used chopped up pillies, i donuted, she managed a few small bream and a 25cm jewie, so i know its not a lost cause just have to put the time and effot in to figuring it out. would be good, seeing as its only 5 minutes away

Gidday Neal,

Like Kipper I started on the HB's about 2 weeks ago....

First time out with no bait, flatty, bigeye,stargazer...

Second time Trolling HB's... 2 flatty, and I think it was a queenfish??

Third time out no bait, flatty, and hooked my first Mangrove Jack...

Problem being though I had the cheap 4 for $20 jobbies... Smart bugger towed me into a crab pot line, and got off...

It is a little nerve racking at first, because its something your not used to, trial and error along with asking for help or guidance... There are hundreds if not thousands of "Lure Lovers" around dying to convert/steer you in the right direction.... Make the transition, much easier, cleaner, less weight to carry, no stinking bait left in the freezer and more importantly, you are chasing the fish and not waiting for them to come to you...

Last but by no means least, movement seems to be a big advantage... Put the lure in the water and just tow it around a bit, you'll end up admitting to yourself if you were a fish and saw that swimming past, hhhhhhmmmmmm chomp.... Good luck with the "Lure Experience" today mate, give us a rundown when you get back in...

Thanks Vic

well i'm back, was always going to just be a quick trip.

snapped 2 leaders, one when the trebles got stuck into someones old braid, but it was only 3m out in front of me and i could walk up to it when the lure floated back up and i got it back - Win #1.

lost another when it got snagged on a rock ledge, but it also floated back up and was out of reach but i mannaged to cast the rod i had set up for placcys out and get the line wrapped up in the trebles and got it back also for win #2

threw a black and gold sonmething or other around a pontoon for a while coz i kept getting touches but only managed to chip the paint off the bloody thing.

i'm not put off, i'll be towing them around up at noosa next weekend and down the goldy tonight/tomorrow morning/friday night in the canals. i'd be more than happy to either be shown some LB spots down there or to get out on a little boat and cruise some canals any of those times (except tonight) if anyone is planning on doing the same.

Yeah I seem to have problems with, placement under bridges, and around structures or trees...

I always thought I was pretty good with the cast, I've quickly learnt that distance has got bugger all to do with lures, even though it does help.. Its definitely placement and accuracy...

If you didn't know this, they hire boats from marina mirage on Broad Water $120...No boat licence required... You can dog paddle faster than the friggin things, so that's why I say Broad Water,At least you don't have to spend half the day getting there your basically right on the grounds... I'm not too familiar myself with that area, but as you yourself would know... Sand banks, drop offs, around channel markers, anything that differentiates fishy looking areas.. I'll be in touch tomorrow have a good night tonight..

Vic

Worst thing is casting into trees when theres an audience :blush: I did it the other day, wasn't sure if they saw exactly what happened so I pretended to adjust my reel till they moved on then pulled till the branch snapped (luckily cos it was my new favourite lure )

Anyway Neal82, keep at it mate cos eventually you'll get the hang of it then you can show me what I'm doing wrong :P

I yanked one out of a submerged mangrove the other week, damn thing sconed me in the nose...I'm pretty sure that group would have seen you Max and the entertaining chain of events, we all do it when you see someone fishing you've just got to stop and take a look... They would have seen the precision cast, (quiet giggle), and would have been waiting for the finale, a flying missile, where and who it hits being the icing on the cake...

Muahahaha adjusting the reel,(Good one Max)I take a more subtle direction, I start off with F*ck *#@!*%$** what the *^%*#!!! I can't believe I just *@#!*!!!

And then start ripping the sh*t out of it, like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get when it comes flying your way...

Archived