Plastics cast, retrieves, and plastics

friejuz

Hi guys,

Thought id pick your brains about the cast and retrieve of soft plastics.

1. Do you cast with current or against current to hop your plastic back? First thoughts would be with. Someone might no the science behind this more?

2. Whip versus small hop: I caught couple flaties last week with squiggly bloodworm at hayes inlet.

Had no luck whipping or 12 o'clock rock. Found the small hops got more action. Anyone fished sandgate or shorncliffe with success?

3. What ur lure of choice?

Love your thoughts guys

Juz

With current as most Lizzards will lay in wait facing the current waiting for passing bait.

Small and slow hops maybe even throw a double hop in there, little pauses don't hurt either.

I struggle to look past the Squiddgy Wrigglers but Flathead will destroy anything skiped across their path.

Atomics guzzlers, Damiki, Gulp, Zman and the list goes on and on they all work ;)

Cam

Technique wise I always adjust to a situation and try random stuff.

Sometimes the fish hit on the drop, sometimes you need to impart heaps of action. It really just depends. If you trying a technoque for no results, always good to mix it up.

Damiki Armour Shads are still my plastic of choice at the moment (Ox Blood and Skin Blues being my favourite but they all work)... Why? Just caught to many damn fish on them often out fishing whatever else is going. I have had really good results on the reef as well with Reaction Strike Split Tails (Mullet Junior is an awesome poddy replica for flatties and there are a couple of colours that look just like the hardy heads that school up at Dunwich as well). Yes I am biased as AFO sells them both, but I would not use them if they were not working.

As to your locations.,. Sorry I have really no experience at Sandgate or Shorncliffe so I wont comment there :)

Angus

Archived