Barred Grunter juvie?

Surfingant

I do have 2 bass and a barra all juvies, the platies are food for them. But I don't mind the little guys until they get eaten :evil: add a bit of colour while the natives are hiding. Do have to get my tank set up though so I can put my natives in there, then the pond will just become the breeding pool for feeders as it really isn't big enough for anything with a bit of size.

Its a Tilapia.

Hope you are not collecting the Gambusia for your pond, illegal to collect transport or keep Gambusia big fines apply.

quote]

huh, i did not know this. well you learn something new every day.

good to know if i ever decide to get into fish tanks/ponds

Yeah mate the Gambusia are just as bad as Tilapia.

I do have 2 bass and a barra all juvies, the platies are food for them. But I don't mind the little guys until they get eaten :evil: add a bit of colour while the natives are hiding. Do have to get my tank set up though so I can put my natives in there, then the pond will just become the breeding pool for feeders as it really isn't big enough for anything with a bit of size.

cheaper to feed them the pest. i mean i used to have 6 fish tanks and it cost me 10bucks for 100 gudgeons. and $4 for 10 small shrimps. saves you a lot of money Ant, and you're killing the pest by catching them before they take out the smaller natives.

cheaper to feed them the pest. i mean i used to have 6 fish tanks and it cost me 10bucks for 100 gudgeons. and $4 for 10 small shrimps. saves you a lot of money Ant, and you're killing the pest by catching them before they take out the smaller natives.

I've got an endless supply of feeders nearby, costs me nothing.

get some rainbows, plenty you can find around local creeks and streams if you go for a look in some of the cleaner creeks around.

if you need any plants let me know, im going to clean my tank up a fair bit.

I'm going to try and get some purple spot gudgeons from a creek nearbyish, I know they are there just gotta catch them. Plenty of rainbows around the same creek too. I wouldn't mind a few tough plants to line the back and sides of the tank when it goes up.

Archived