thready tips & locations

brisyfisho

hey guys,

im new to the forums and ive started fishing for a year. since i started fishing i saw a bloke land a beautiful thready at newstead park a while ago and from that day ive using been using livies trying to land my self one without any luck. i know im fishing in the right spot and using the right baits but it just wont go my way. is there any other spots any one would like to tell me if so that would be wonderful( spots where i can access via public transport because im too young to drive). what tide, and techniques would be good to target them and what type of hooks do you prefer to use ( eg. circles or "j" hooks)

thank you in advance, i hope you guys a girls have a happy Christmas and a wonderful holiday

hey guys,

im new to the forums and ive started fishing for a year. since i started fishing i saw a bloke land a beautiful thready at newstead park a while ago and from that day ive using been using livies trying to land my self one without any luck. i know im fishing in the right spot and using the right baits but it just wont go my way. is there any other spots any one would like to tell me if so that would be wonderful( spots where i can access via public transport because im too young to drive). what tide, and techniques would be good to target them and what type of hooks do you prefer to use ( eg. circles or "j" hooks)

thank you in advance, i hope you guys a girls have a happy Christmas and a wonderful holiday

keep trying and just be patient, it will happen :)

hey mate thelazyboy and i have put some serious ours into breeky creek!! we have found fish the run in, use live baits!!!!, and its all about patients !!

here is a couple of spots that we have found that is good

post-8626-144598732495_thumb.png

hope this heaps also we have found to fish where the new flats are there is deep water out there plus no snags so you can cast net and not go through 100 bucks worth of tackle each trip

cheers doss

mate we have a few videos on youtube from the actual mouth of breakfast creek we have caught some jew and thread fin, bream, grunter and a big flathead but the other spot where i mark as deep water that spot is really good!! we have talked to a few people about that spot and they reckon they get 1-2 legal jew or threadfin each night on live bait we tried it once and got a fair few tailor a BIG bream but i would defs go back there and give it another go around feb here is thelazyboy and mine youtube channel hope this heaps http://www.youtube.com/user/MrLachlan127?feature=watch

hey mate, you just got be really patient ! That is the key.

Took my a year to land my first thready and now ive got 3 in a row!! so it will defs come if you just wait. live or dead herring, live or dead prawns. both will do the job, i would go about a 4/0 j hook., other ways will also work thats just what i do

Good lucck! :)

Mate I wouldnt use wire either, I have had most of my success with threadies using 5/0 size hooks, and in the past 6 to 9 months Ive moved over to using octopus circles, these things are deadly on the threadies but they have also massivly increased my hook up rate on the Jew as well. I almost always use a paternoster rig in the river because of the huge number of catties and rays. The easiest way to do that is get some 3 way swivels, tie your main line to the top, a much lighter line about a meter down to your sinker (If you use the same streangth line to your sinker as goes to your hook, if your sinker snags up you might not be able to free it, better to lose a sinker than a nice trophy fish!!) then I use about 60cms of 40 pound (even with circle hooks I wouldnt go much lighter than that for big jew and threadies) after trying lots of brands of leader I have found that Black magic and FC Rock have been the best for all the right reasons, thin diameter, good knot strength, and really good resistence to abrasion.

Hope thats of some help.

Brad

• 5 months later...
these locations for the threadfin there car parking near them? was thinking heading up tomorrow to check out... also we able to fish off them jetties they look like might be for city cats, but i could be wrong...?
Citycat/ferry and private jetties should be clearly marked as such :)

Ive seen some 14 hour DONUTS there, but also some nice threadies... Most days there will definitely test your patience, but if you put enough hours into it, you will eventually find success. (Thats what separates the boys from the men, hahah.)My favorite threadie setup is a 2-4kg Starlo Stix with a small alvey. hahah ;)

Cheers, fearless.

i did go check it out, signs up on that jettie saying no fishing aloud there now... also abit down to where that construction was being done, looks to be a large set of new apartments/resort there now so seemed like a no go to fish there also. ended up going up to port of Brisbane, but was windy as so not much luck there

hey mate..

they dont seem to mind you fishing off that pontoon as long as you keep it clean and stay out of the way when the boat docks up. and same with in front of the apartments. a number of people who live in there have said they dont mind us fishing just keep it clean.

Monty

Have caught a few thready myself. The tips is to ensure the bottom feeders such as catfish or crab can reach the bait. or else there might be nothing left to eat when the thready swims pass. The thready seems pretty quiet this winter for my case. So just to to be patience and you will get them...

Archived