Lowrance HDS-8 Gen2 or 998cx SI Combo

Homer4duff

Hmm I think I'm chickening out on the B60 transducer :blush: as most people say the transom mount is just fine and with the signature hull I'm not sure if the rollers would get in the way of the B60.

Thinking of just playing it safe and getting the airmar P66 with the Blue Lowrance end on it :unsure:

Wanting to order it tonight too.

Damn my uncertainty! :pinch:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
For those of you interested, the best deal I could get locally was around $3600. I've shopped around damn hard and have found a UK store that can deliver the exact same package to my front door for Aus $3020.

1 x Lowrance HDS-8 GEN 2 Fishfinder/GPS Chartplotter unit (Worldwide version- NOT USA VERSION) will work outside the lat/long limits of the USA unit without locking out metric units

1 x Lowrance 50/200 kHz Transom Mount Dual Frequency Transducer, built in temp sensor (HST-DFSBL, 106-77)

1 x Lowrance StructureScan LSS-1 inc transducer (module, Transom TX, cables and mount) 132-06

1 x Navionics SD62P XL3 Platinum Plus SD card – Chart east coast of Australia, suits Lowrance SD62P-Plus

It really is disappointing that Australian suppliers continue to price gouge us, I'd much rather buy locally and support the aussie stores but nearly $600 difference will pay for any shipping for warranty claims several times over (if needed).

If the Aussie guys could get within $100 I'd buy here.

Do you have the link for the UK shop you used ?

Archived