to drift or not to drift?

hattori hanzo

Since buying a boat I have been getting a lot of practice in with the cast net and getting some good livies. When I do I've been finding a likely spot with a drop off, snag or the likes. Anchoring up and trying to be patient and wait for the bites with no success. So I'm thinking of throwing a live herring on and drifting along an edge or past a snag and I guess my Question is how does every one else fish with live bait? do I need to be a little more patient or is drifting a good Idea?

Do you Berley?

I have had success on live baits if I Berley heavily - takes a while to wake the fish up if they are there at times though.

I have tried livies on the drift and I does not seem to work as well - you can still get results though.

As Mad Mullet said - try and tray again ;)

• 5 weeks later...

hey mate, check out the top post on the mincer from ALDI, mince your pillies and mullets up, roll them into balls glad wrap them and freeze them, just get an onion sack and tie it to the back of your boat, and just put a ball in at a time atleast that way your not wasting to much and not running out to quickly!

cheers Haydz.

Archived