Took a punt

WayneD

My "new" (old) punt that is down the Logan today in the hope of a bully. Water is still very murky and there wasn't a livie to be found. Even the yabbies were hard to get but the one's I did get were quickly turned into catfish :evil: which were turned into live bait. Missed my first run as I was too busy still throwing the cast net trying for a mullet or two. (Where do all the mullet go when the fresh arrives?)

Next run I managed to land the little bully in the photos. Only about 80cms but better than nothing. The next run ended up in a bust off. I went to re-rig but then realised that I had left my wire trace at home, bugger. Down to only one rig. Out it went and it didn't take long for the reel to start singing. I struck but there was nothing there, bugger he dropped the bait. Pulled it in to find half a catfish, of course it just missed the hook :angry: Caught another catty after a while and chucked it back out with a new piercing. I sat down and opened a beer, as you do ;) By the time I finished the beer I had been bitten off again and I never even heard the ratchet click once even though I was sitting right beside it.

Called it a day. Very happy with my new toy. After patching 23 leaking rivets and a 1 inch crack it stayed watertight the whole session. Seems Loctite 3805 is good for repairing aluminium tinnies.

post-1190-144598752248_thumb.jpg

post-1190-144598752255_thumb.jpg

post-1190-144598752261_thumb.jpg

The yellow dots are all the leaking rivets I had to fix plus 3 more that I missed.

post-1190-144598752265_thumb.jpg

Archived