350 outboard? That's nothing!!!!

plugger

Thanks for the post. Pretty cool packaging and concept but geez if its $70k in the US it would be $150 over here.

Being based on something as cheap and common as an LS series engine it seems a bit steep.

Its also funny on the site they carry on about how much more efficient it is than 3 x 35ohp yammies. If you look at the graphs it is more efficient at WOT at 70mph. How ooften do you do that? At other speeds efficiency is the same.

Thanks for the post. Pretty cool packaging and concept but geez if its $70k in the US it would be $150 over here.

Being based on something as cheap and common as an LS series engine it seems a bit steep.

Its also funny on the site they carry on about how much more efficient it is than 3 x 35ohp yammies. If you look at the graphs it is more efficient at WOT at 70mph. How ooften do you do that? At other speeds efficiency is the same.

Good point but suppose they have to sell it somehow. Just like evinrude 300 hrs or 3 yrs ( crap) and I own one. As for doing 70 mph do it 90% of the time in mine as the saying goes if you got it use it lol. But what a beast of an engine!!!

Those motors have been out for a while, I think there more mercury then any other brand seeing as the guy that designed it works for mercury and designed there 'verado' range and the range of optimax 'SX pro' so I'm surprised that mercury haven't payed them to distribute under the mercury name

Joel

Those motors have been out for a while, I think there more mercury then any other brand seeing as the guy that designed it works for mercury and designed there 'verado' range and the range of optimax 'SX pro' so I'm surprised that mercury haven't payed them to distribute under the mercury name

Joel

Mate they haven't even hit the shelves yet so to speak, they are hoping to release the first engine in June /July this year, so it's rather new! The only ones seen at shows are dummy engines. Apart from the 7 working ones on their boats for testing etc.The guy that helped design it with many others is not an employee of mercury he used to be! Maybe they rubbed him up the wrong way. Nice engine anyhoo :)

Joel

LOL :whistle:

Archived