Again not happy jan.

rayke1938

Took hilux up to local servo to fill up with gas and it started blowing large cloud of white smoke. Went around to premises of mechanic who supposedly fixed it and sign on door saying he is away for 3 weeks.

Rang Racq who sent breakdown mechanic around and he said dunno oil is ok water is ok dont think that 4 speed autos have modulator valves in them and to contact repairer.

Rang mob who repaired head and they said wait for mechanic to return as he will have to check it all out and if anyone else touches it warranty is void.

Ray.

My expert mechanical knowledge may be of some assistance (not likely but anyway..)

I had a problem with my VH Commodore blowing plumes of white smoke. The auto-transmission was the culprit. I don't know how or why but the transmission fluid was being drawn into the exhaust system and that's what the white smoke was from.

Don't know if that helps at all or is just another inane comment that will make you even angrier and more frustrated but I'm taking the risk :dry: in the hope it may help somehow :unsure:

bugger that ray.

yeah i'm with anthony on this, g/box and exhaust are separate systems - random though whatever the reason e-cat.

to me white smoke would be indicative of water in the combustion, my guess is on coolant.

Not entirely seperate Eug. Like I said it's a long shot and not likely to happen but auto coolers are usually fitted inside the radiator, if the cooler was leaking along with a cracked head in the right spot you may get trans fluid in the exhaust. Like I said, a long shot ;) But you would still get more water/coolant than trans fluid so it's got me buggered.

According to redlands automatics my auto does not have a modulator valve which is sometimes the cause of auto fluid being sucked into manifold.

I have a separate transmission cooler so transmission fluid doesnt go through the radiator.

Definitely white smoke.

Got a email back from mechanic saying he is back on 19th.

Going to get a compression and blow down test today to see if anything shows up.

Looks like it would have been a good morning on NPD BAH.

Cheers

Ray

According to redlands automatics my auto does not have a modulator valve which is sometimes the cause of auto fluid being sucked into manifold.

Ray

I remembered correctly ! WooHooooo :lol:

Like Bommie said, Ray. Just shoot me a pm or give me a call to tee up some times and days.

I'll have my ute on the road in the next couple of days Ray and need to take it for a run, how's npd lately? turned upside down?

Havent heard any feedback from the dam and it has spilled again. Should be able to get a small feed of redclaw as the pots havent been done for a week. Weather looking good from thursday onwards. I have also pmed Brian maybe the 3 of us can hit it up together.

Dont know how the bass will go but should be able to get some freshwater sweetlip ( AKA tilapia)if nothing else.

CHeers

Ray

Archived