why would they?

TheLazyboy

hey guys,

I was castneting today down at the goodna boat ramp and this lady walked down to the ramp and she had a esky, she did some sort of pray then released half a doesnt fish, i saw her released a carp so I try to stop her then she tips them all in,there where carp tilapia and silver perch. She then talks in some foreign language at me, then does some sort of pray thing again. i managed to catch one of the tilapia in the castnet but idk. it was pretty annoying. Does anyone know she would have done this. just curious thats all.

Cheers

Lachlan

Because she is a crackhead. Best thing to do would be get photographic evidence of her releasing the fish and also her car and numberplates and report it to fisheries. I don't know for sure if they can do anything but it is worth reporting with evidence. Obviously don't put yourself in danger at anytime but if you can do it safely then do so.

She had a husband who recently died. His passion was keeping fish in an aquarium.

After his cremation the ashes were put into the esky (to cool) and then the fish were added.

His final request to be sent off with his fish was done today by this lady along with her prayers for him.

Happens all the time where I live.

probably the same woman who goes down there and prays and puts flowers in the river .

first time is saw her down there ,she is like:its ok i have my husbands permission to do this .i'm like ok smile and wave and walk away .

second time i saw her she same thing but she hit me up for a lift ,now i just don't go there .

probably the same woman who goes down there and prays and puts flowers in the river .

first time is saw her down there ,she is like:its ok i have my husbands permission to do this .i'm like ok smile and wave and walk away .

second time i saw her she same thing but she hit me up for a lift ,now i just don't go there .

what happened during that lift Davo? for you not to go there anymore? :P

some cultures believe that fish bring luck and prosperity. By letting it go, rather than keep in it captivity, their luck would change for the better. I have heard of Thai, cambodian, chinese and vietnamese people say this. Regardless, tilapia and carp should not be released in the river or anywhere for that matter.

some cultures believe that fish bring luck and prosperity. By letting it go, rather than keep in it captivity, their luck would change for the better. I have heard of Thai, cambodian, chinese and vietnamese people say this. Regardless, tilapia and carp should not be released in the river or anywhere for that matter.

no lift she was a bit to out there for me to give a lift .

it would be good if they could keep there culture beliefs and obey the rules .

no lift she was a bit to out there for me to give a lift .

it would be good if they could keep there culture beliefs and obey the rules .

Even if there was happy ending?

Hi, this is what I could find. People don't realise the potential damage they could do.

In East Asian Buddhism and particularly in China, the release of animals, particularly birds or fish, into their natural environment became an important way of demonstrating Buddhist piety. In China it was known as fang sheng. This practice is based on a passage in the MahÄyÄna SÅ«tra of Brahma's Net (Ch: Fanwang Jing), which states that "...all the beings in the six paths of existence are my parents. If I should kill and eat them, it is the same as killing my own parents. ... Since to be reborn into one existence after another is the permanent and unalterable law, we should teach people to release sentient beings." In the later Ming dynasty, societies "for releasing life" were created, which built ponds in which to release fish that were redeemed from fishermen for this purpose. They also bought other animals which were sold in the markets and released them.

Archived