hobie

Lachie

hey everybody what do you guys think of the hobie adventure island for some offshore fishing , i personally like the hobie adventure island cause its got the sail kit and it looks like its a pretty good kayak , has anyone ever used one ??? they are quite expensive

Great kayak Lachie.

I sold mine though, because I didn't really have any time to use it.

They're a great vessel. Ridiculously stable, plenty of space, and they can get you powering along much quicker than other kayaks if the wind is there. They are also able to go out in much rougher weather than regular kayaks, if you're willing to unfurl the sail in a 25-30 knot wind. Just don't get caught out 10-15 kilometres offshore with no wind. They're a pain in the backside to pedal. Sure you can go out in the revos at 20-25 knots, I've done that before (a few times), but you get blown around stupid, and its a lot of hard work!

As for the AI, even on a calm-ish day, you will still get blown around a lot more than a regular kayak, so drifting is slightly more painful.

Unless you are wanting to do some trolling for marlin, or go 10-15 kilometres offshore regularly (i'm talking 10-15km away from the coast, not 10-15km travel distance) then I don't see a need or point for one. Stick to the Adventures or Revos.

Archived