Boat covers

shortie

Now ive had the canopy front side and clearts and storm covers redone i need to protect them from the sun when in my driveway.

Im in need of a boat cover.

So the question is tarp VS boat cover. Which is better and why.

Dont want to pay a fortune. What brands are good.

I think 600D material is the go from any research ive done so far.

HAve found 2 brands on ebay.
/>http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PRO-TUFF-HALF-CABIN-CUDDY-CABIN-BOAT-COVER-18-20FT-/220909388669?pt=AU_Boat_Parts_Accessories&hash=item336f39c37d

/>http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PRO-TUFF-HALF-CABIN-CUDDY-CABIN-BOAT-COVER-18-20FT-/220909388669?pt=AU_Boat_Parts_Accessories&hash=item336f39c37d

Yours thoughts

Richard.

Its a hard choice between the first and second one.... cause they are both the same!

You would think though if they are selling boat covers then there would be a shot of a cover on a boat though.

Look at trailable over non trailable. Will you tow the boat with it on? Trailables are more expensive as 'tougher' or made out to be anyway.

Hi Shortie

Make sure those covers have all reinforced areas where its needed like the bow section,aft corners,motor area,windscreen ect as they rub through very quickly.

I have one on my tinny just like those and its totally stuffed,it has holes on both corners and the bow pokes through a large hole on the front.

It did come with my boat so I can't say how old it is though but it needs replacing badly.

It's only a yard cover as well and never towed on the boat.

the new covers

[attachment=48564]photo.JPG[/attachment]

That all-round white light is not high enough (unless it's telescopic).

I have an outside the box idea that I'll talk to you about later

Thank god for that Brian. Cause if its inside the box its going to have to be 1 huge box.

shortie i use a big tarp mate and have no dramas what so ever, its just hard to put on myself when the wind is blowing :silly:

ive had no worries with mould as my tarp isnt a tight fit as it hangs over my baitboard and allows plenty of air flow through the transom area and it is completely water proof. ive got a 5.7 tinnie with similar half cab set up. i also have a transom door which i leave open which allows good ventilation.

a tarp is definately an option (cheaper one as well), u just need to provide a 'space' for air to filter through/escape somewhere.

as far as longevity of the tarp goes, mines been in the elements for a year and isnt showing any signs of perishing.

just my opinion on it :)

Archived