Want: Travelling rod

TheLazyboy

How heavy do you want? I broke a traveller rod at Fiji late last year on some of those monsters there. Shattered the top piece when I tightened the drag right up on the last day to try and slow down one of the unstoppables.

If you are after a 5ish kg rod k-mart sell 3 piece "odyssey" rods around the $60 mark.

How heavy do you want? I broke a traveller rod at Fiji late last year on some of those monsters there. Shattered the top piece when I tightened the drag right up on the last day to try and slow down one of the unstoppables.

If you are after a 5ish kg rod k-mart sell 3 piece "odyssey" rods around the $60 mark.

wow, that would have been crazy. i hope i dont meet any of those fish. I mite go down there and have a look at them tomorrow. Do you know if they come in different line ratings?

Hi mate, have a look at the Nitro traveller in 5 piece. I have owned one for a year now and have caught longtail tuna to 10kg, trevally,flathead and many other species. If by chance you break any sections you can get them replaced for $60. they will set you back at least $400 but you definitely get what you pay for.

good luck

Kev

Archived