Optus "health check"...

Eug

So today I annoying received a call from an "Optus customer representative" looking to do a bit of a health check on my account. I was a bit bored so I decided to play along.

She started off something like this:

Optus: "Sir, Can I please get you to confirm your current address sir?"

Optus: *Reads out my address*

Me: "Yes that's correct"

Optus: "Ok sir, thank you sir. Can I please get you to confirm your date of birth sir?"

Me: *Silence*

Optus: "Hello sir?"

Me: "Yes, I'm waiting for you to tell me my DOB. I know when I'm born what do you have on file?"

Optus: "Sorry sir, due to confidentiality blah blah... sir"

Me: "You called me, assuming you have dialed the correct number then you should be talking to the right account holder"

Optus: "Sir I'm sorry I can't tell you that kind of information sir"

Me: "Well did you or did you not call: 0403... etc.?"

Optus: "Sir, yes sir"

Me: "Then you should have my date of birth on file, then I can confirm whether or not I have the right person calling me"

Optus: *Silence*

Optus: "Sir, this is standard procedure on how we can verify that we have the correct account holder, yadda yadda yadda sir."

Me: "I'm the account holder, you've called this number, I've picked up the phone, I've confirmed the address that you send the bills to and I pay for those bills."

Optus: *Silence*

Optus: "Sir, how about if you could tell me the last four digits of any recent number you've called sir?"

Me: "How about you tell me, I know who've I've called. How do I know you are a genuine Optus representative? Can you confirm your address and date of birth?"

*Optus operator hangs up*

I know they are just trying to do their job, but they don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot.

Have a good one boys and girls

Eug

we recently had telstra change our account with our current carrier to them with no permission or contract signed or even a verbal agreement from us. We only realised it had happened when we had telstra message bank and then a telstra modem turned up in the mail. :unsure:

My favourite is when i get the ones trying to tell you that there is a virus on your computer and they want you to buy their software. One called me at work the other day and the boss told me to string him along as long as i could, and to document the kind of things they get you to do. I managed to keep the guy, and then in turn his "Manager" on the phone for over 45 min's. They hung up quick smart when i got to the point that i told them who they were speaking to, An IT Consulting firm, Me being an Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer :woohoo:

I had a bloke turn up trying to sell cheap electricity (like there is such a thing) so I asked him to tell me the best rate he can do and I would tell him if it was cheaper than what I am charged now. I had the bill in my hand from the letterbox looking at it when he come up to me. Funny enough he refused to tell me the rate, just harped on about 1 month free off-peak blah blah. Got very frustrated when I wouldn't let it go until he gave me a figure on the tarriff, he stormed off up thee street with me yelling out, "don't you want to make the sale? How much per Kw???"

Archived