True Blue fishing charters

Dusky

I have been given a voucher for a half day reef fish on True Blue Fishing charters out of Runaway Bay.

I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything about them good or bad??

Your input would be appreciated, as I'll be going next wednesday the 16th??

Also what sort of fish could I expect up there at this time of year, they say they will be going out about 6 miles or so?

Cheers.

Hey mate.

My partner bought me a voucher there as well at xmas. I went on it during mid in March and was very dissapointed. There were heaps of people on the boat and all i caught was the blokes line on the otherside of the boat. They said that they would supply smoko and drinks and the gave us a small packet of chips and a bottle of water. When I went there were 18 of us on the boat.

Hopefully it has changed alittle mate.

Sorry if it has put any doubt in your mind mate.

I wouldnt recommend them to anyone.

We have had bad experience with them. I went out on a full day charter with them. There was 20 of us. We ran out of bait half day. Not enough food and drinks for everyone.

Didnt even catch much all day. There was only 1 deck hand for 20 people too.

If you getting it for free go have a look yourself but i wouldnt pay again to go with them.

Shane

Mick and I were on a wavebreak social once, were coming back from crabbin the comera and we came across this clown coming back from a trip, right in the middle of the channell we moved across, and for some reason this bloke hailed abuse at us, what a tool, wouldn't touch them with a barge pole, probably why they have to resort to selling vouchers.

They sound pretty crook mate, but they couldn't be as bad as 'Savage Cruises' :P:lol:

Your right there Ellicat, can't be any worse than that !! :blink::blink: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I rang them the other day and they said seeing as I was going mid week, we'll be taking the smaller boat which is a 7m Plate boat normally they fit 10 on the boat, but at the moment no one else has booked so it's just me and a few mates (4). So I will take extra supplies for smoko, if it looks like we are going to run out of bait I'll just take a few lures to use.

I'll put up a report when i get back, be it good or bad.

Wish me luck.

Cheers ;);)

I've been on them once and witnessed disgusting, highly illegal behaviour by both the skipper and the deckie that I'm unfortunately unable to detail here due to legal reasons. Needless to say, they were investigated though I was not made aware of the final outcome of the investigation.

That aside, the fishing was neither good nor bad as far as charters go.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I was loooking at some google reviews and the reactions are mixed, but the most recent reviews seem more favourable so maybe they have lifted their game ?? :dry: :dry:

I don't think Maxi and my father inlaw from Melbourne will stand for any shyte, :woohoo: so even if there are no fish still might be an interesting trip?? :silly: :silly:

Cheers. ;)

Archived