A very big thank you to a generous AFO member

TheOutfitters

I had the day off today so last night was trawling through the site trying to get some ideas on somewhere new to go today. I read a post that Ray (Rayke38) had put up a couple of weeks ago and PM'd him a query about it.

Soon after that I got a reply from Ray offering to take me with him on NPD this morning. He told me he would provide all the bait and tackle should I need any and flatly refused to accept any payment as a contribution to the days outing. I was quite touched by his offer and readily agreed to go.

Here is a bloke who doesn't know me, certainly doesn't owe me anything and is offering to shout me a day out in his boat when virtually all I have to do is turn up. I think this is what is fantastic about these forums, decent good hearted people looking to help others out with no expectation of anything in return. I also think it is important that other members become aware of the good things that happen within the AFO community. So, thank you very much Ray.

Unfortunately when I woke up this morning I wasn't sure I would last 7 hours on the boat plus travel time (recovering from a multi-level spinal fusion earlier in the year), so rather than risk putting Ray out even further, I rang him and cancelled. Looking to take him up on his offer in a month or two when things improve a bit more for me.

Andrew

Andrew - you've found one of the greatest assets to AFO and it's community feel. Ray is a very well respected member and has always been exceptionally generous with his offers for deckie spots.

It's always great to get positive feedback from new members enjoying the AFO community and spirit.

Andrew - you've found one of the greatest assets to AFO and it's community feel. Ray is a very well respected member and has always been exceptionally generous with his offers for deckie spots.

It's always great to get positive feedback from new members enjoying the AFO community and spirit.

Couldnt have said it better, a true old school gentleman ;)

Archived