Re: Blue Cards

Gazza

I found this on the blue card website under FAQ

Do I need a blue card to volunteer at a one off event?

No.

You do not need a blue card if you are:

a volunteer guest of a school or registered charity, incorporated association or corporation for 10 days or less on no more than two occasions per year for the purpose of observing or supplying information or entertainment to 10 or more people, who is unlikely to be physically present with a child while no other adult is present; or

a volunteer performing the function of employment for 10 days or less on no more than two occasions per year, at a national or state event, attended by more than 100 people which is organised by a school or recognised body (operating at a state or national level) for a sporting, cultural or skill based activity, who is unlikely to be physically present with a child while no other adult is present.

If you do not meet all of the above requirements you do need a blue card if you fall under one of the categories of employment regulated by the Act, and no exemption applies. You should check whether an exemption applies to the particular category of regulated employment relevant to your volunteer work.

If you are not exempt, you can apply for a blue card by submitting a Volunteer Employment (V) Application Form. There is no application fee.

Hope that helps

Gaz

Thanks Gazza,

Thats interesting, when i called them up this morning, I explained what I do, and will be doing, and they said that all the volunteers on the day need a blue card...

hmmmm... I think i might enquire some more..

Thanks again

from what I read correct me if I'm wrong (just trying to save you some paper work)

unless a volunteer has done this more than twice a year no blue card is needed ?

so might save you the hassle Dee for most of us ;)

On another note Angus if we cover more than one or more days with the high school and Dee's you we will need to get a blue card and from what I read the forms need to have part A C D completed by the organisors volunteers fill in section b only

So a meet before the date is required so Id can be sited to fill in the forms :(

Gaz

Ok…

I just spoke to them again, I was going to wait till Monday, but curiosity got the better of me.

As long as KIDS Tackle-A-Fish is a registered charity organisation, and you are not a member or employee of KIDS Tackle-A-Fish, you are classified as my guests and do not require a Blue Card.

Hey,

I posted a couple of sections to someone on PM, but I cant remember who it was that covered the relevant areas for the school fishing day.

Important points to interpret from the legislation though include the activity is taking place outside the 'workplace' ie school, and also even though not working for payment, helpers are still 'employed'

I did post the most relevant section in the PM as being section 6?????

Just looked a the other post and it was Ellicat (Brian) I posted the scetion number too. Maybe he can cut and paste it in here for others to see if it applies to this circumstance too.

Cheers,

Post edited by: bootyinblue, at: 2007/08/03 17:04

Archived