Pine River

jimb090

Plenty of sandy drop offs and flats around the mouth that hold good flatties, any of the bridge pylons hold good bream, especially the highway bridges, on the southern side I find. aThere are some nice deep holes with Jewies and a few other surprises, but you will have to find them yourself :P

Hi, i do a lot of fishing in the Pine and find it really fires around the full moon (as you would expect i guess) and then the fish can be a little harder to temp. flicking plastics on the flat near the green trawler has produced some nice flatties.

The flat in the middle of the river at the front of the houses at dohles rocks is good too. Between the moored boats (one of which is mine :P ) produces nice bream on lures.

Most of my best catches have been of a falling tide for flatties, bream and whiting too. All on lures.

Very under rated system now after the clean out from the floods.

Had a couple of hours this morning before work so dragged a lure for a while.

I lost more than i caught which i put down to trolling with 2 rods instead of 1.

Always the one i wasn't watching would go and by the time i flicked into neutral and grabbed the rod.....gone :(

A couple of nice flatties to i reckon i lost. Would a little looser on the drag have helped maybe?

One the plus side i did catch these

post-10888-14459880769_thumb.jpg

post-10888-144598807703_thumb.jpg

Not sure what this guy was thinking tho lol :lol:

post-10888-144598807713_thumb.jpg

If anyone has tips on the trolling with 2 rods (loose drag or whatever) tips much appreciated.

Maybe its the luck of the draw

Archived