am i wrong/or just getting old n grumpy

bulldogs195461

i try to see both sides of most situations,but today i went to book a day /night at our favourite gold coast park in 2 weeks.im coming down to the gc and book a cheap lodging,i usaally take my kids and they nearly send me broke at this place,our stays vary.anyhow im informed as its school holidays i have to book 3 nights or no go,they wont hold a booking for me,but i can try on the day and if ones available ,fine.well its not fine im getting to old to rely on bloody chance and as a semi regular wheres the loyalty there.the operater told me id probally be right as only 3 of the 7 were booked,.its frustrating all we hear is how tough it is ,but then you get this happening.anyhow thats my gripe for the day lol,be interested in others thoughts.

i would have thought a bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush ? im with you no loyalty these days i would not have thought looking after a motel was like running a auction ! tell them to get stuffed and go sumwere eles plenty of other places that would be keen to take your money

mate , i had the exact same thing happen to me 3 or 4 weeks ago tryin to book for out 1st yr weddind annaversery. the misses got last min approval that she wouldnt be on call for sat night. so 3 days before, i was ringing around and all places were like, nope, 2-3 night stay min. i explained the curcomstances but no.... on the day we rocked up to this little place that had a room free, it ended up costing us $429 for 1 night....wtf to put it lightly...

so i feel your pain in a way mate.... vultures.... better making afew $$$ than none at all

Archived