VERY last minute trip to mitchell river north Qld

tyrion

Was informed last night that one of the mates had to drop out of a trip to the mitchell river NQ and there was a spare spot in a vehicle to the cape. A few quick phone call to the boss and the bloke i work for and its on. Spent all day packing some barra gear and cleaning the rifles in hope of some big pigs. Cant wait to get up there now leaving tomorrow arv , hopefully i will have some pics to share within the next few weeks but for now i still got some packing to do.

Have fun bud we used to do a few trips there. Picked up some massive sooty's in tiny shallow creeks, massive catties and a lot of other random stuff. Hopefully you have a canoe because there are so many great spots where any bait at all will catch a monster.

We never got a barra there, never really tryed for them there but. Saw a few pigs and ruts so have fun with that.

Cheers

BJ

• 3 weeks later...

been catching up on work for the last week so i havent had the chance to post up how we went.

Had a great trip up there although we were a little tight on time for shooting and fishing as we were there for other reasons but still we did ok. On the trip up there we stayed at a mates "fishing shack" at an undisclosed location

post-889-144598822821_thumb.jpg

post-889-144598822828_thumb.jpg

Nice spot with barra in the creek behind and wild life all around.

Heaps of pics of various things on the way up but the stand out was this xw at chillagoe last fuel stop on the way to the station we stayed at

post-889-144598822835_thumb.jpg

post-889-144598822845_thumb.jpg

post-889-144598822855_thumb.jpg

in the few days to follow we picked up a few bores on some of the nice swamps up there and some camped up under the shade of the tress to get out of the heat.

post-889-14459882286_thumb.jpg

post-889-144598822871_thumb.jpg

post-889-144598822881_thumb.png

came across this mob on the way out we didnt have permission to shoot on this property so the mate walked in for a closer look also got some good video of this got within 10m before the young bore spotted him the sow to the left of shot had around 5 suckers following her that wouldve been no older than a week cant see them for the grass though

post-889-144598823094_thumb.jpg

had a quick swim as well the bloke behind the camera was supposed to be on croc watch i gues it just pays to be closer to the bank than someone else though lol

post-889-144598823071_thumb.png

Archived