Kayaking Saturday 7th July?

ahmedy14

hey mate will be hitting the flats out front of tinnie crk for flatties. welcome to tag along leaving queens esp boat ramp at 10 am work flats for couple hours for flatties and move back up to briodges for slack water in search of a jewie.

Lol. It took bit of time for me to figure that Tinnie is short for Tingalpa. :silly: I've only ever caught one Jewie, and it was fun! Wouldn't mind another! Thanks for the offer Ezy. Probably going to be somewhere in that area. So might see ya!

One question though, how deep would you say the area is?

Lol. It took bit of time for me to figure that Tinnie is short for Tingalpa. :silly: I've only ever caught one Jewie, and it was fun! Wouldn't mind another! Thanks for the offer Ezy. Probably going to be somewhere in that area. So might see ya!

One question though, how deep would you say the area is?

only around 3-4m max generally, 5m in some of the deeper holes upstream. out on flats 2m max, gutters 3m generally. (based on high tide) been ctaching around 60cm jew of late hoping somthing bigger may present itself as water cools. good luck ezy

only around 3-4m max generally, 5m in some of the deeper holes upstream. out on flats 2m max, gutters 3m generally. (based on high tide) been ctaching around 60cm jew of late hoping somthing bigger may present itself as water cools. good luck ezy

Thanks. I was hoping that it doesn't get more shallow than 0.5 metres. It will be my first time out on the hobie, so I'm not too familiar with it and I dont want to end up getting the fins smashed against some rocks. Don't have a sounder either :S

Congrats Ahmedy on getting the Hobie. You won't bust the fins so don't worry about that.

Andrew

Thanks Andrew.

Read some posts last night that the fins could get damaged if I hit hard into some coral or rock. Didn't have sounder so I thought it wasn't worth the risk with it being my first time. I barely even knew how to work some of the pulleys and things.

Ended up going to more familiar waters in the bay. White caps! Windy as heck! Was more of a practice session more than anything. Figured out how to use the Revo now. I was impressed with the way it handled the winds.

Ahmedy

was a good day out meet some new fisho's caught a few including a good size mullet on a berkley mf30 hooked in the gob too! :P we will have to do it again maybey mark can take us out off cleveland point next time thanks for the top day. ezy

Archived