Quiet at Sandhills

Peter.T

Headed over to Sandhills on Friday morning getting there at 0730 drifting around with not much biting. We were using frozen worms/ prawns and yabies but not much luck except the hungry grinners. tried in close in 2.5m of water back out to 5m and drifted all over up and down with only boating 3 whiting. headed back at 12 and stopped at a bank near harries arti which landed the 2 biggest whiting of the day only fished here for about half hour then back to the ramp. over at Sandhills there were only 4 other boats the whole day, didnt look like anyone had found a school. there were plenty of dolphins around and the netters werent too far either. Was a great day in the bay with a westerly blowing at 15knots for about half hour around 9 then near glassed out coming home, for second trip in the bay was very happy to get over and see the Sandhills and bring home dinner cant wait to do it again maybe this friday :)

Pete

post-11012-144598832735_thumb.jpg

post-11012-144598832744_thumb.jpg

Hey mate did you see any tuna at sandhills on friday?

I was out at harries friday morning for few hours, the whiting were thick in the morning for an hour or so just before low tide.. I got around 40 drifting around with bait jigs. I didnt take any bait with me.

I was aiming for big snapper but didnt get any only squire. Beautiful day on the water though.

Shane

Hey Shane you done alright on the whiting. there was something chopping for about 5 mins not sure if it was tuna went to have a look didnt get to close before they shut down maybe if i had been a bit quicker rigging up could of told you ;) haha

I had a look at harries for the first time there were a few boats on it i couldnt really see a bit of good bottom most the boats were in the middle is it best there?

cheers Pete

I wouldnt know mate. I dont fish there often enough. I have had a bit of luck just driting around the wrecks.
/>http://www.fishing-mates.com/moretonbay/artificialreefs.html

I use the marks from that site for harries.

Yeah mate the whiting were thick. I only caught squire all morning until i drifted past a boat. They were using squid and pulling in whiting left right and center. I saw spewing i didnt take bait so i ended up using bait jig lol. Still got a few.

A few people told me that the 20 meter mark around there with live bait early morning n late arvo is good or tide change. You get cod and big snapper. i have tried fishing those times but no luck yet still trying.

Archived