Yakkin the bay 5/08/12

dan25

Gday Fellas

Couple mates and myself decided this morning to hit up a few reefs out in the bay to chase the snapper on the light gear.. On the road by 4am, and a 6amish launch, it was an awesome morning to be out and was no suprise to see a stack of boats launching. Not that it mattered, we had our own little area to ourselves for most of the day... B)

We fished pretty light today with 3lb braid, and 4lb,6lb leaders, with the 2inch Gulp shrimps and 3inch Minnows the go to.. B) Stacks of undersize fish today, and it was a matter of sorting through the small pinkys and bream to eventually hookup to something with a bit more grunt about it... Took awhile, but eventually hooked up to a reasonable fish turning out to be a legal snap at 38tl on the 2inch shrimp..

P1010323.jpg

P1010314.jpg

P1010309.jpg

P1010314.jpg

P1010307.jpg

We moved around a lot all morning, trying to find the hot spots, were I soon produced another legal at 37tl on a 3inch minnow.. Around 11ish It really quieted down, but we kept grinding away, getting a few small pinkys and bream here and there... Eventually hooking up too another good fish with a sweet first run, up pops another legal snap. :) I was stoked to get a few legals, having not targeted snapper a great deal over the past, it was a cool change up and very keen to get out again. Stacks of bream about aswell which kept us entertained. B) My two mates didn't have much luck with the legals but did manage a couple squire and bream each, which was a first for them on plastics, so it was a good day all round :)

P1010330.jpg

561062_507596755920324_720663653_n.jpg

Cheers

Dan

Archived