Fraser Island tailor August 11-15th

Pelican

2a.m the morning of Saturday the 11th, me and three mates packed up some camping /fishing gear and headed up north to Fraser Island to take a shot at some tailor. In four days of fishing we didn’t really have any bad sessions. Whilst the tailor where not in plague proportions, there were plenty of tailor to go around and certainly nothing to complain about.

We gave up on pilchard soon after arriving. They did work, but I find it boring fishing. In addition large numbers of dart ensured re-baiting at a stupidly fast rate. So almost all our tailor where caught on metal slugs. I like the SureCatch slugs in around the 40g, but I think any chunk of flashy metal will do ok. A moderately fast retrieve on my epix was deadly.

FraserGroup.jpg

FraserBreakfast.jpg

Over the four days of fishing we probably caught around 50 tailor of a reasonable size (Plus LOADS of dart, they also hit the slugs). We took home four tailor each at the end of the trip, with the exception of what was eaten on the island the rest were returned to the water.

FraserTailor.jpg

Fraserbeach.jpg

The weather was awesome, and this is defiantly a trip I plan to do again next year.

Post edited by: Pelican, at: 2007/08/19 11:32

post-1701-144598424688_thumb.jpg

Pinkey, unfortunately i didnt measure the tailor :pinch: . The one in the middle of the fish photo was easily the biggest(also easily my PB tailor). We spent one night at the kingfisher bay resort before returning to Brisbane (was great to have a hot shower before the long drive back). the two bream in the picture where caught on SP's on the kingfisher bay jetty. they where the only two bream caught.

Archived