Scarbourgh Reef

HamishF

hey everyone :)

so went for a fish last friday in the morning at Scarborough reef in the morning whilst the weather was still ok haha

got down to the boat ramp at 6 and was taking a mate out to Scarborough for a quick session, since last time went well. so we decided to give his canoe a crack out there. :D

with the little electric wired to the battery and the rods loaded in we set off to the shallow reef B) finally after about 30mins we finally got to my first mark and began to flick some plastics about .... next minute bang! little 2inch shrimp got crunched haha the little 2000 certate was screaming with big headshakes and began to think squire. after losing a bit of line decided to chase the fish to make sure we had the best chance of landing it, so moved closer to the fish and with a big pink flash i was thinking dinner was already in the canoe haha :P we saw the fish almost to the surface and estimated 55cm :D but then getting it almost to the surface one headshake threw the hook :ohmy: oh well no worries we shifted back to another different patch of rubble and in again my mate xan was on with a lovely moses perch at 35cm. he then later on got a small cod on a zerek prawn in the larger size greedy little thing haha.

surprisingly enough though we also had 2 bust offs on 20lb with a 20lb leader :blink: be calling another cod or snapper?

after a few more hook ups and smaller bream we re positioned for another drift and flicked out again ... flick flick bang! another weighty fish was on my line :D this time not as hard fighting but still great fun on only a 3-5lb black label. after a short fight i saw the black strip on the tail and knew it was a decent bream :) after it finally broke the surface it wasnt a bream it was a tank and as it slid into the net we could see how beefy it really was haha weighed in at 1.5kg and went 43cm :woohoo:

as the wind picked up we called it and decided to make a move home. was a great day out with lots of excitment, a few bust offs and a heap of fish.

so far the shallow reefs have never failed to suprise me.

my mate put the footage together and made a video of the day check it out! Xan filming behind and myself up the front :)

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs3Cxc2MkeM

Archived