Bribie weekend with the family

TIM D

Stayed with my wife and daughter at "On The Beach" at Woorim from Friday arvo till today. We hired a boat on Saturday morning for 5hr's to try and put our daughter onto her first fish. With a high tide turning i thought we should hit the mouth of Ningi ck to see if there were any Flatties around. Armed with a couple of 2-4kg rods and 2500 sized reels spooled with 8lb braid and 8lb leaders we started flicking around some 5 inch Nuk Chook Gulps. On about my 5th cast i came up tight on something which lasted about 15 seconds before my 8lb leader snapped. There was a fair bit of weed around and my wife says i think im hooked up to a big clump of weed, next thing i know her drags singing and a beast of a Flattie pops up near the boat that would of been 75-80cm. It decided it didn't like the look of the net and lunged back towards the bottom and the 8lb leader decided to give up. We were both gutted as she was really keen to get it in the boat for a photo and then send it on it's way. Next up was my turn and i pulled up a nice 55cm model that made it's way into the esky. With one on the board it wasn't too long before i landed another going 43cm which joined his mate in the esky. Next plan was to put our daughter onto a fish and i felt something small hit the 5 inch Gulp so i got her up on the front deck to wind it up. I laughed when it popped up as it was a Whiting about 7 inches long. After that the fishing went quiet so we headed around the Bribie bridge pylons to drop some plastic's next to them but we didn't do any good so called it a day.

Anyway here is a couple of pictures from our weekend away :cheer:

cheers tim :)

post-11417-144598866209_thumb.jpg

post-11417-144598866216_thumb.jpg

post-11417-144598866222_thumb.jpg

Archived