Woody Point

robski

Hello everyone.

I've been invited to a BBQ and also some fishing( weather permitting)on Sunday at Woody Point. Since I don't really have much of a clue about saltwater fishing, I thought I would ask for some advice from you.

Picked up some pilchards, frog-mouth pilchards and frozen prawns today, and also have about 4 packs of Berkely Gulp to try out. It would be good anyone could tell me a good strategy for catching the prevelant species within the area this time of year. I'll give you some karma if you do.:)

Cheers, Rob.

if you have a boat i'd fish the pilchards with gang hooks on either a float or nothing but the hooks themselves to get the odd mackeral or tailor. And with the gulp i'd try as little weight as possible either 1/16 or 1/8 if the current will let you in 3-4m around a patch of reef to get snapper. you can either work them with a slow retrieve with the odd jerk of your rod or as gulp are made of real food some people even use them with large pauses almost like a bait. both methods should produce good results and if they are there 50cm+ is a real possibility.

good luck

Jack

Archived