Saratoga not playing the game

fenelious

I saw quite a few Toga cruising around the surface throughout the day today. I tried a large selection of lures but couldn't tempt a strike, until dusk when I got a couple of strikes on a surface paddler, but no fish landed.

Does anyone have any advice on why the Toga aren't very receptive, and more importantly how to tempt them? And before you say, yes I even tried Tassie Devils :P !

-Steve

Bet you didnt try the handline but :).

Someone said they are in breeding mode at the moment so it is very hard to get a bite. An old local had a chat to me for a fair while when I was leaving and he said bait 40cm under the surface is the go. I think a shrimp sitting around them at the right depth may be enough to annoy the hell out of them. Might take a while though.

He also said a berley of dough carrot and beetroot used to work real well. He didnt say if that was for bass sara or yellas but.

its hard at the moment cause some toga are only interested in chasing other toga around playing tiggy :lol: i am wondering if its a every second day thing at the moment, cause on friday they were chasing each other but saturday they all were hungry and willing to eat then sunday back to quite.. i use a twitch on the spot method with a surface lure in close to the lillies and edge of weed beds.

Archived