Couple of Gold Catfish

TIM D

With none of my mates heading offshore this weekend i was desperate for a fish. I was talking to a mate who lives a few houses up from my place who owns a small tinny and asked him if he was keen to do an overnighter in the river with the promise of a Threadfin or two. We watched the bom radar till about 7:30pm last night and i said the rain is clearing so we made our way to the fishermans island ramp. We headed straight out to luggage pt to castnet a few livies. After about 20 throws with my mates small castnet the live bait situation wasn't looking great. After about 30 more throws we started getting a few herring and prawns so it was time to anchor up on secret spot X lol. Within an hour or so my drag started singing away and i quickly picked up the rod and set the hook. The fish tried to put up a good fight but wasn't any match for the T Curve 200 and Tyrnos 12 with 50lb braid and 80lb mono paternosta rig i made up. After that fish it went a bit quiet and we sat there for hours without a touch, then around 3:30am the reel started singing again and i ripped up another nice Threadfin which joined his mate in the esky. We kept fishing but when the tide started slowing down the Catfish moved in so we decided to call it quits and head home for some much needed sleep.

Funniest thing of the night was when my mate pulled up the castnet and a big long stick dropped out on his foot he jumped back that fast he almost fell out of the boat thinking it was a eel hahahaha, i couldn't stop laughing at him.

cheers tim :)

post-11417-144598897159_thumb.jpg

post-11417-144598897167_thumb.jpg

post-11417-144598897195_thumb.jpg

Archived