What 4x4? 10k

JarrydA

So,

Im looking at selling my falcon and getting a 4x4.

For a few reasons, i pretty much just want to sell the car and get into something around the same money so my budget looks to be around 10k.

Prerequisites.

Diesel.

Manual.

At least 4 seats. Space cab, dual cab or wagon, dont really care either way, just looking for something reliable.

Give me some ideas and the positives and negatives if any.

Cheers.

I'd go for something like this for the 10K mark 3L turbo diesel 155K's what's not to like for that money...

/>http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/holden-jackaroo-2001-14239415?base=1216&vertical=Car&cr=47&page=4&eapi=2&__N=937%204294696630%201246%201252%201247%201282%201216&num=15&silo=Stock&Range=Price%3aMin%2c10000~1&sort=~Odometer

I am currently doing the same, but not necessarily 4wd. I want a wagon with enough room in the back for a child seat so he fits comfortably and my knees aren't jammed in the dash.

So far Subaru Forester stands out as a good all rounder. I have seen a few olde wranglers in that price range but even the hardtops have a max 30kg roofrack load rating. And no space for stuff with the backseat folded out.

I just got a bravo a couple of months ago and love it heaps of grunt haven't taken it of road yet but really good so far it's an extra cab but plenty of dualies around

Yeh i used to own a 2006 courier 2wd ute. Loved it, my brother still has it. They are definately an option

We thought we were ready to do the same about 3 years ago Jarryd but ended up going a newer (more expensive) X-Trail but will get a proper $10k 4WD in a few years once the kid/s (one more to come at some stage ....) are a bit older.

When I was looking my mate who is a used car salesman (and knows his 4WD's) kept saying he really rates the Mitsubishi Challengers. I also think the Pajero's would be worth looking at.

Have fun shopping!!!

Mate,

carsales.com I was on there last week snooping around and found an 80 series landcruiser

for $7500 had 300k on it but thats not a lot depending on how it was treated doing it.

There were a lot of Hilux's on there for that sort of money. Shouldn't be too hard to find something in that price range.

I am currently doing the same, but not necessarily 4wd. I want a wagon with enough room in the back for a child seat so he fits comfortably and my knees aren't jammed in the dash.

So far Subaru Forester stands out as a good all rounder. I have seen a few olde wranglers in that price range but even the hardtops have a max 30kg roofrack load rating. And no space for stuff with the backseat folded out.

If you are looking at a Wrangler Tom, you can get a 300kg rack that works with either a hard or soft top for anywhere from around $1300 to $1500 mark (depending on style of Wrangler here is an example http://www.wooders.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=368_154_395&products_id=15599). You are right though, it is tight inside - I generally leave the back seat and the young fella at home when we go off road for longer than a weekend.

If you are looking at a Wrangler Tom, you can get a 300kg rack that works with either a hard or soft top for anywhere from around $1300 to $1500 mark (depending on style of Wrangler here is an example http://www.wooders.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=368_154_395&products_id=15599). You are right though, it is tight inside - I generally leave the back seat and the young fella at home when we go off road for longer than a weekend.

If I do go the wrangler path Gary, I would go the exo-skeleton and hardtop option and fork out for one of these http://www.bak-rak.com/images/basket-rak&folded.JPG just for a place to put the stroller

Archived