Cheap Tinny for sale

getrigged

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think in general there is a fair bit of pressure on second hand boats. I guess from the 'top end' imported boats are up to half the price of their local counterparts (secondhand), secondly I think that aluminium hulls (not custom) are becoming cheaper across the board as well. I like the attention to detail to safety, like the arrows pointing upwards and the port and starboard markers on the casing of the outboard.

To answer the question, I think it is in today's market priced too high, others will probably provide a more accurate ballpark but I would say the setup is worth $1300 to $1500.

It would be tough to hear that though for your pop. I can only imagine how well he has taken care of the boat/outboard.

it is a hard thing to sell a boat now a days and get what you want or think its worth. i did up my tinny from the ground up new paint custom black, tournament stickers awesome false flooring good trailer, spent tonnes of time on it but at the end of the day it was still an old hull and an old motor, although it would start 2-3 pull everytime i still couldnt get what i wanted for it and was forced to take less.

it is like a kick in the guts but thats reality i guess.

good luck with the sale and if he is in no hurry to sell it then hopefully someone will take it for what your asking.

It's also based on time of year. Summer is the better time to sell and I find you general get more $$$ in summer as families decide in summer they want a boat for the season.

It's also winter time when these same people sell the boat as they've had enough.

Don't rush on the sale if you don't need to and try again in summer if you don't get a price you want.

I think the price is good for such a well looked after boat which obviously has safety in mind first.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived