Fishing Hinchinbrook NQ

westcoaster

Hi All,

I have a fishing charter up here in North Queensland and fish the creeks and reef from Townsville to Hinchinbrook Island. As winter approaches I know many of you set your sights on a trip up this way so I thought it would be nice to give you up dates on whats chewin in these parts. If you are heading up this way and are considering a fishing tour please give me a call or if your bringing your boat be sure to let me know as I can always set you in the right direction with advise or even a couple of gps marks. Either way even a chat and few cold oneswould be nice.

Offshore has been out for the last 2 weeks because of bad weather but I did have a tour over easter which produced heaps of Spanish Mackerel. They are here very early this year with locals talking about a bumper year. With 13 fish in the boat and about the same missed I think they may be right.

The sugar loader jetty at Lucinda has also been mostly out of the question due to weather but Queenies and Fingermark are usually a safe bet. In the channel is where I have been hiding from the wind and fishing has been steady. The afternoons have been better with the tide changes always prime.

Barramundi, Fingermark, Jewies and Salmon have been consistant but size has lacked just a little.

We did pull a nice Finger mark at 87cm the other day with a couple more going 70's and another at 60cm. Anyway if you are in the mood for a report from up this way, let me know. Cheers

post-10592-14459893955_thumb.jpg

Archived