Deckie Spot Tomorrow Moreton Bay (Northern Bay)

tomartomau

I am going out tomorrow from Scarborough (MBBB end) not CoastGuard ramp. Wind is surprisingly low according to forecasts however Swell is up there at 2m. You will need to bring bait, food and fishing gear for yourself all fuel will be provided.

The boat is only a 4.75 Aluminium, so whether we go over to Moreton/Pearl Channel/Spitfire is up to the conditions, otherwise we can fish in and around Redcliffe (Coffee Rocks etc)

I would like to leave the ramp at 7:30am and be back by 3:00pm

All safety gear including Life/J GPSEPIRB, Bilge,VHF etc.

If all goes well I will be trolling up the Channels looking for Tuna/Mackerel.

Cheers Tony

Ge Riggered, thanks for the question. The short answer is that I did not go out. At about 10:00pm Sunday night I had 3 of the family, including my wife. All three were violently throwing up and pooing everywhere. I had an office chair shat on, toilet vomit everywhere (in/around/behind), vomit over the carpet and through one bed and by the end of the night 4 loads of washing.

It was a state of emergency and all family members were isolated in a single room whilst I cleaned ALL day. I would have preferred to untangle fishing line all day to what I saw.

So I did not go out, with the 2 metre swell it was always going to be a "have a look first". I am off work for a while (taking some time off) so I like to go out whenever I can. Wednesday and Thursday are looking good so I will probably go out then (I am thinking of mooring over at Moreton Wed night. I haven't moored over there at night so I better do that by myself.

I'll be honest I catch fish about 40% of the time but I don't seem to have the success of some of the other members here so I am always looking for others to improve my skills.

Cheers Tony

Archived