Anzac Day in the Bay

Damien2Rad

G'day gents,

With the public holiday approaching myself, Chris and Steve decided to hit the bay up and try some new (for us) spots. Ended up being a great day.

After an early start

post-7684-144598945113_thumb.jpg

And a quick getaway, where Chris' hands may have been a little cold

post-7684-144598945121_thumb.jpg

We were soon at Mud. After about three casts I was on

post-7684-144598945128_thumb.jpg

Followed next cast by this (I think is a Bullseye or something? Great big red eyes)

post-7684-144598945135_thumb.jpg

I pulled one more undersize fish from this spot before we tried a new drift line along the eastern side of the island which resulted in a pleasant mixed bag of small fish.

post-7684-144598945141_thumb.jpg

post-7684-144598945147_thumb.jpg

post-7684-144598945154_thumb.jpg

post-7684-14459894516_thumb.jpg

post-7684-144598945166_thumb.jpg

Then, when the tide was high enough we went into the lagoon where I quickly got two good bream on Maria crank baits (which are becoming my go to lure for bream)

post-7684-144598945175_thumb.jpg

The other one was far better, but the photo is on the SLR.

Stopped for a sanger, deadsticked a plastic and got this pretty little wrasse thing, too

post-7684-144598945182_thumb.jpg

On the way back in we pulled up and slow rolled plastics through the thick mullet schools hoping to pick one up, and I thought we had, turns out Steve had hooked onto a 350mm + bream...

Once again the photo is on the SLR which Chris will upload later on.

Also saw a few longtail early on, right up in close to mud. We did chuck some lures at them, but they didn't stick around too long.

The boatramp etiquette on the way back in was terible.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks for reading.

Etiquette at Colmslie wasnt too bad just 3/4 hour to retrieve lots and lots of jet skis and boats still launching.

We donutted at the pipeline.

Sydney dawn service very moving on 4bc.

Cheers

Ray

Ray, we launched at the port and there was a bloke anchored up and fishing less than about 30m off the end of the pontoon when we came in, several people pushed in and a bloke was having boat troubles and no one helped him. We towed him back to the pontoon, felt sorry for the poor bugger.

But the people pushing was annoying.

Thanks for reading.

Etiquette at Colmslie wasnt too bad just 3/4 hour to retrieve lots and lots of jet skis and boats still launching.

Cheers

Ray

Ray' date=' we launched at the port and there was a bloke anchored up and fishing less than about 30m off the end of the pontoon when we came in, several people pushed in and a bloke was having boat troubles and no one helped him. We towed him back to the pontoon, felt sorry for the poor bugger.

But the people pushing was annoying.[/quote']

I Always seem to see the terrible etiquette at fisho's damo. Not sure what it is there but the wankers seem to gather there.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers

Ray

Ray' date=' we launched at the port and there was a bloke anchored up and fishing less than about 30m off the end of the pontoon when we came in, several people pushed in and a bloke was having boat troubles and no one helped him. We towed him back to the pontoon, felt sorry for the poor bugger.

But the people pushing was annoying.[/quote']

I Always seem to see the terrible etiquette at fisho's damo. Not sure what it is there but the wankers seem to gather there.

This is why I avoid boating on public holidays. Too many idiots out there who have no clue.

Archived