Gold Coast or Byron Bay?

samsteele115

I've got a very rough plan to head down to the Gold Coast hinterland or Byron bay for a few days at the end of the year for a bass adventure with a mate. At this stage I'm thinking of the Gold Coast just because it's closer, so my question is would it be worth the extra drive to Byron bay to chase some bass? I havnt really heard too much about the fishing in both those areas apart from the fact that they are there. Like always, google maps will be my best friend when it comes to choosing an exact location.

Anything else I need to consider? I've never been on a long fishing trip before in the middle of nowhere.

We are planning to kayak and set up our swags to sleep in at night. Maybe pack a little two-man tent as well.

Sam

i reckon bypass both and head to murwulimbah or lismore, i think your more likely to tangle with some bigger wild bass down that way. 3 long months away :( gotta make the most of may while i can!

Cheers,

Glenn

Yeah? I don't really have a set plan so I might check out those areas.

Just anywhere where there are bass and a long enough stretch of water to make a 2 or 3 day trip out of it I'm keen to explore.

What system would you recommend in those areas?

i reckon bypass both and head to murwulimbah or lismore, i think your more likely to tangle with some bigger wild bass down that way. 3 long months away :( gotta make the most of may while i can!

Cheers,

Glenn

Yeah? I don't really have a set plan so I might check out those areas.

Just anywhere where there are bass and a long enough stretch of water to make a 2 or 3 day trip out of it I'm keen to explore.

What system would you recommend in those areas?

Hey mate, i dont know the area very well only fished it a few times so wont be able to help to much, the area is renowned for BIG bass, but im sure you could organize a bit of an overnight trip along the upper tweed, just do heaps of research on the net, im sure youll come up with a plan, the upper Clarence is a beaut spot but i bit of a trek.

Good luck

Glenn

Have a look at the Wilson river. Very big stretch of water so should be able to cover abit over a couple of days. I have done a small amount of fishing on it for some small bass but we found quite a few. That was more around the bangalow area. Just keep in mind it is getting cooler so the bigger fish will be moving downstream to spawn.

Archived