Noosa River 21/5/13 no pics.

Luvit

First time visiting the Noosa River inspired by the recent reports.

Not having any idea where to start though it would be an exploring day to see what works. A young lad at the ramp tried pointing me in the right direction but everything he referred to I had very little idea where each thing was.

Off I headed and while fishing came a cross a charter boat operator fishing the same area as I was, good spot I thought, I must be on the right track. B) I did not see anyone on the boat catch a fish and I got a small flathead @ 34cm and a couple of bream takes on the soft plastics.

I then moved towards the mouth of the river and stopped at some little bay and cast at a couple of the jetties, picked up a couple of small bream and busted off by one on the rocks.

I saw the young fella and his mate down the river targeting Jew fish, they didn't do any good on the plastics and then changed to live bait but didn't have anything when I saw them last. He said if I head down through he first Lake and tried there might be some Jacks around. If there was I could not get hit throwing at the snags only picked up a another Flathead@41cm that I released.

I did have a couple hits on the weedless rigged Zerec prawn but no hook up. I got the hits when retrieving the lures faster. They look like Threadfin at a glance.

Met another guy who worked at Davos tackle and he said to head down to the mouth if I wanted to catch a Trevally. For the last 1.5 hrs of light I tried my luck with a couple of other boats near the mouth and I didn't see anyone pull a fish in.

I over heard another guy in another boat telling his mate how the Trevs have been going off and even catching them at night on poppers. But for me I was disappointed not to catch one because that was really my target fish.

I will have do a lot more trips here to build some experience.

No photos of the fish I did get because they were hardly worth unzipping the camera bag.

Having said that the weather was great, been a long time since I have fished with soft plastics and will make plans to fish it again. some nice houses backing onto the river.

Better report next time, I hope.

cheers

Wayne

Archived