Fishing off Moreton 7/6

dhess

I tried to tell people what the taste was like but my post was deleted :blush:

Davey, I caught a glimpse of that thread and along with some other threads/comments I think it kind of read like a bit of an F U to some members. Not taking a stab at you, we say things and everyone has a different perspective on it. It was for that reason of not provoking things any further that I didn't comment.

Anyway all that aside, can I just say that I like the way the direction the thread is heading. It is reminiscent of the old BFO where everyone collectively works towards a solution rather than arcing up pointing fingers (i.e. photographing fish, etc.). I think the question of species ID came up appropriately and a slightly defensive response was given which doesn't help the situation (I guess it goes both ways).

Regardless it was an epic fish and I think people know Dom well enough to know that there wasn't anything untoward in keeping it. I hope we can carry this mentality through from here on.

Cheers and beers

Eug

Eug when I put that up I didn't have a clue why doms had been locked other than some didn't like the catch, some of the comments had already been removed by the time I wrote mine and I had not seen them. The reason I was given for its removal was the pictures that I posted were to big and that I knew they were, which was incorrect as I had downsized them before posting but they were from my telephone and I wasn't used to using that. I was also warned not to re submit it as it was, If you did read it Eug and can remember what I said was basically it tasted great and mentioned Shanes face (smile)I did not have a go at anybody in the comment only mentioned It tasted great and put it into my own post, if you can recall anything different let me know and if right I'm happy to put my hand up, but I think it was a knee jerk reaction first to lock Doms thread, the unlocking shows that and people have asked in it, "How did it taste"

it wasn't intended as a FU I wanted to post the pictures to Shane as they were different to the ones he posted. I also agree to the post being unlocked and the old way of collectively reaching a solution.

Davey it was not the photo's that the mod thought were oversized (at the time). It was the fish. If the post had been made now with the air cleared and the fish correctly ID'd it would have been interpreted differently. Do not take it personally it was one of several misinterpreted posts related to this topic. Once again thanks to everyone sticking in there and working through this :)

Davey in light of my above statement I have re published your original thread. For the record though it would prob would have just been better off adding this into the original report as I think creating a new thread (while the original one was locked I think) aided to the mod seeing as a dig at the people who thought it was an oversize fish.

Angus

Well done fellas on a good session we were out late on Friday and did well to Good knobby Dom the cod have been around in numbers our social crew got into some as well they taste great with our big one. Sounds like a bit of drama with some wrong ID's on the cod glad to see it all corrected

Archived