Unsuccessful-ish kingy session in Pittwater Bay

Ben Derecki

Managed to get onboard a Sydney kingy charter a month or so ago (cheers for the advice sehrguht), I wasn't expecting much given it was the end of the season but hey you've got to have a crack if you're there - especially when you're from Perth and don't have the amount of kings you get here!

We left at 5am and tried for some squid, the bloke we went out with trolls live squid using downriggers. I got a good one that was too big to fish with but good to use the head, and give me the tube for entree that night, but that was the only live one we got so after a while we started trolling.

Trolled most of the morning with no hits being recorded, after a while we gave up and went to the flats chasing some flatties. I managed two around 50cm and a small arrow squid all on plastics, but that was it. In all I guess it was about what I expected given the water temps, but you can't help but hope for a bit more... also I was the only person onboard who got anything so I had to be happy with that. Still got a feed of flatty and squid rings for tea. Happy days!

post-4623-144598963449_thumb.jpg

post-4623-144598963454_thumb.jpg

post-4623-144598963458_thumb.jpg

post-4623-144598963462_thumb.jpg

post-4623-144598963466_thumb.jpg

Archived