Northern Sydney - Bass spots

Charlie04

Hi guys

I have just moved down to Sydney from Brisbane and looking forward to getting out on the water. Once the season opens, just wondering if there are any bass to be had in the suburbs in the northern section of Sydney? Not after your favourite honey holes or anything, just a general hint at creeks, systems etc.

Cheers

From growing up in the northern suburbs I can say that pretty much all the small streams coming out of the national parks on the northside hold bass. Mostly they are on the small side (both the fish and the streams) and a lot of hiking/bushbashing/swimming can be required to get to them. Due to the limited nature of the bass populations, it is unlikely you'll get much help from the locals in finding any specific spots, for fear of someone who doesn't respect the fishery getting in there. The larger rivers that Bi Polar mentioned are well worth a go for more conventional river bassing. They also have some nice EP's in the brackish reaches there too which are well worth the effort.

Cheers

Duncan

Give these guys a crack and just explain to them you just moved down from Brisbane and keen for a bit of catch a release fishing and I am more then sure they will point you in the right direction as they helped me last year when I was there on holidays and TOP BLOKE'S TO BOOT.

Good luck mate.

/>http://www.tackleworld.com.au/nsw/manlyvale.html

Archived