shultz canal ???

reef_raider

hey guys

i fish shultz a fair bit from boat and we manage to get A LOT of flathead but next week i am going there just walking the bank with my gf and havnt had much experience with this at shultz

could someone possibly direct as to where to go, im guessing u walk down the bike path but yea not completely sure where to go so any advice would be much appreciated

thanks, reef_raider

jake

Go there around high tide. About 3hrs before and 3hrs after high tide are the best times. As you start to walk down the bike path (from the Nudgee Rd bridge)it is white concrete. Keep walking until you reach the black bituman (you go over a bridge)as there are barely any fish through out the white path area. The creek under this bridge has a few Cod and some Bream, but it isn't awesome. Once you reach the bituman, you can catch good fish from there on, but try getting close to structure with your lures. Basically the further you walk down (until the path starts to turn up to the the left) the more fish you'll catch. There are a couple of car bodies that hold good Bream and Cod, but expect to lose lures if you are using light line. For Flathead, the area around the car bodies is a good place.

Should help, but be patient. I didn't catch a single thing (or get a hit) for my first 3 trips, and now I can almost always catch fish there.

I've been down to the shultz, just a little unsure about your directions there, so lets say I'm at the shultz, with the canal in front of me and the soccer field behind me, do I go right or left? cos thats where I usually park? near the soccer field, Sorry if i'm not making sense. thanks

No, but it is close. See the Nudgee Rd bridge, use my instructions from there. So go downstream until you reach a big bridge. It turns from a white concrete path to a black bitumen path. Go fishing any where along the black bituman path. If you use google maps and look at the area to the right of the image you put up, you will see where the path changes.

Archived