Rain=Crabs

Luvit

So from what I have been told after a long dry spell if we get rain the Mud crabs will be move closer to the mouths of the rivers.

I put this theory to test Saturday night with one of my sons James.

We managed 3 drops and caught 3 legal mud crabs. 1 was empty so he went back and 2 full crabs :cheer: In one of the pots we had 5 big jennies so they were moving more than previous trips. All up probably caught about 25 mud crabs for the 3 drops of 8 pots and 10 sandies all realised.

post-11868-144599013189_thumb.jpg

post-2505-144598450048_thumb.jpg

Due to the both crabs not being full I found them ordinary eating which is why I threw the other one back we caught Saturday morning. I now know how to tell if they are full ;)

Oh the only down side was I lost a pot. I really don't know how. We gps each pot as we dropped them and sat with them while we fished. I did not hear or see anyone else around. We went back over all gps marks 4 times just in case we had missed one. It was an expensive pot with float clips etc $85 dollars worth. So if any finds a pot marked with Palmer on the float and wants to return it there is a reward waiting :)

Happy crabbin.

post-11868-144599013196_thumb.jpg

Archived