Moreton Bay exhibition

tacklebox

Hi guys

I recently completed all the graphics for an exhibition called The Many Lives of Moreton Bay, currently showing at Museum of Brisbane in City Hall. The content is incredibly diverse, from historical stories about prisoners, lepers, whaling and shipwrecks; to modern day issues such as tourism, conservation and mining. There is of course a small section on fishing and some old fishing gear and photos on display.

Please help the museum continue to share our history by visiting the show and telling your friends about it. Entry is free. If you do get a chance to see it, let me know what you think in this thread. Thanks!

More info http://www.museumofbrisbane.com.au/whats-on/moretonbay/

• 2 weeks later...

Had a look today. That is a world class show and a credit to all involved. There is also an interesting section dedicated to the river and the part it has played in the region's history. I have never been to the Museum in City Hall before, and I have to say that I was really impressed. Definitely worth a visit. The display of early photographs of local indigenes is brilliant.

• 5 months later...

Lisbeth you can certainly hold your head up with pride.

i finally made my way up town to have a look and what a fantastic display. Rick and myself spent over 4 hours there and still did not have enough time to see everything in its entirety. I really liked the diversity of the display ranging from modern day Brisbane to the history of Dunwich,Peel and St Helena.

What a great place to take your kids so they can get an idea of life in the early days and also see the suffering that lepers endured on peel and the terrible conditions .at Dunwich at the benevolent asylum .

This display is really world class and not to be missed.

Its on the third floor of city hall and entirely free.and open 7 days a week.

Ideal weekend visit as you can avail yourself of the $5 parking at the city hall car park.

Cheers

Ray

Lisbeth you can certainly hold your head up with pride.

i finally made my way up town to have a look and what a fantastic display. Rick and myself spent over 4 hours there and still did not have enough time to see everything in its entirety. I really liked the diversity of the display ranging from modern day Brisbane to the history of Dunwich,Peel and St Helena.

What a great place to take your kids so they can get an idea of life in the early days and also see the suffering that lepers endured on peel and the terrible conditions .at Dunwich at the benevolent asylum .

This display is really world class and not to be missed.

Its on the third floor of city hall and entirely free.and open 7 days a week.

Ideal weekend visit as you can avail yourself of the $5 parking at the city hall car park.

Cheers

Ray

Thanks Ray! You've talked me into going Sat morn, it's windy anyway. Not long left to have a look though!

Headed in with Goody Ellis on Friday for a look. Pretty impressive. The leper letters were the highlight for me. I was a bit crook on the day and was in the wrong mood for it but still very enjoyable. The Shingle Inn tucker is pretty good too !

Oh and the Brissie River one was good too. Amazing how many crossings there are over the river these days.

Archived