another good day in the bay

squeak6969

well i think the gods are shining on me cause i had another good day fishing today, left home at 7am and after picking up the crew and stuffing around we finally hit the water by 10, left the boat ramp at wello and hit the water, found a nice spot and it wasnt long till my mates rod went off, a moses perch was pulled at 23cm and i was still rigging up grrrr, the fish was realeased and after another minuet he was on again, another moses perch, he caught 4 consecutivly before i got my first cast, but thats when his line died, then my other mate was on for 3 dart and just as he was pulling in his third my line went, that lovely sound of a spoolinig reel there is something magic about it isnt there. anyway after a little fight up comes a tailor. threw him back and my other line goes off before i know it i have a legal moses perch in the boat. beauty i have dinner i thought but i didnt have time to rebait before my other line goes off again and im on a fight for a nice grassy. then my mates line is off again as he pulls in a beautiful snapper. we all got excited and raced to get our lines in the water at the thought of these big ones swimming around................apparently he was a one off and we didnt catch another fish for half an hour so after noticing the swell picking up a bit we decided a change of location was in order and decided to head to the logan river, after a quick stop for some more bait we putt down the river chucking out the crab pots as we left get down the river a little bit and find some poor guy stuck with a dead motor, apparently he got caught in the mud and damaged the gearing. so we gave him a tow and with how long that took we decided to call it a day, but with 3 legal fish for dinner a day on the water and a good deed done i think it was a successful trip and looking foward to the next trip.

post-9690-144599040586_thumb.jpg

a quick snap of todays keeper

Archived