Caboolture River 13/12/2014 *Rough Conditions gets Results*

STKE

Howdy!

After my horrible last trip and an empty freezer, me and the future father in law. Laughed and the predicted weather forecasts and nailed the Caboolture river on Saturday.

Weathers was predicable horrible. Big wind gusts and white caps in the main channel

Main target was the crabs, so we have a few moves with very little results. All undersize bucks, no sandcrabs. Looks like we might have a dud season, but the pro has been crabbing the place pretty hard.

We manage to find a spot out of the wind in the mouth of one of the creeks (Which has now be christened "The Highway")

That spot fished extremely well.

I managed a cracking 74cm flattie and several 30cm+ bream, Joe got a good eating size shovel nose. Bit was constant with constant smaller stuff. Even dropped quite a few as well. All fish were on 10lb line, was lucky that it held with the flattie as it swallowed the hook.

Whilst yes, I did feel a bit guilty at keeping all the fish, I do like eating it as well.

Bring on Burrum heads

I make the flathead look small so I made Joe Hold it.

post-10385-144599089057_thumb.jpg

post-10385-144599089066_thumb.jpg

post-10385-144599089068_thumb.jpg

A good days fishing with the ramp to your self probably.

No need to feel guilty about taking a feed, some do it every trip and as long as they're obeying the laws good luck to them.

In the end its nice get a feed in return for the investment in time and money.

Muddy's, I have not seen or heard of reports at the moment and have only been out the once myself. Hope to some reports over Xmas. I have a tuna frame I've been saving for crab bait.

Archived